Friday, 4 September 2015

Vegan MoFo 2015 Day 4: Weird Food Combo

Today's Vegan MoFo prompt: Tell us about a weird food combo that you love.

I know I've written about this recipe book before, but Vegan Pizza by Julie Hasson is absolutely way up there as my favourite cookbook that I use regularly. Her recipes are so simple and yet refreshingly innovative, which makes it a great contender for today's Vegan MoFo prompt.



So which pizza did I go for? Well, for weird food combos that manage to be incredibly delicious, I really do love the Thai peanut pizza from this book. It's spicy, cheesy and nutty all at once, and makes a real change from a regular tomato based pizza. Plus everyone I've tried the recipe on so far (vegans and non-vegans) seems to love it! It might be a bit weird, but it's totally delicious.

Before going into the oven

Straight out of the oven (on a pizza stone)

Yum!



Tell us about a weird food combo that you love.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing! I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book and use it a lot but I've not tried that one. I'll have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds 'weird' yes but certainly fantastic! I would never have thought of this combo but I can safely assume I'd eat the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete