Thursday, 10 September 2015

Vegan MoFo 2015 Day 10: Something Blue

Today's Vegan MoFo prompt: Something blue.

I was running out of time and energy today for writing up a post for today's Vegan MoFo prompt, so I ended up going down the easy route and making something with blueberries in! These muffins are adapted from a super simple recipe for 'foolproof vanilla muffins' by Flickity which featured as the winning recipe in the Guardian readers' vegan recipe swap a couple of years ago. They were delicious and you can find the full recipe that I used to make them below.




Recipe: Lemon and Blueberry Muffins



Ingredients:
  • 250g lemon soya yoghurt (I happen to like Sojade)
  • 80ml sunflower oil
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 150g self-raising flour (I make my own by adding 2tsp baking powder to 150g plain flour)
  • ¾tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • ½tsp baking powder
  • 80g blueberries


Method:

Preheat the oven to 150°C.

In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the vegan yoghurt and sunflower oil together.

Sift in the caster sugar, flour, bicarbinate of soda and baking powder and mix together until well combined.

Fold the blueberries into the mixture.

Spoon the mixture into 12 muffin cases so that it is evenly divided between them.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes until just firm on top.






2 comments:

  1. I love that lemon yoghurt and would not have thought of using it in muffins so thanks for posting this. Blueberry muffins are one of my favourite flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for easy vegan baking recipes so thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete