Monday, 14 April 2014

Baking bread



I recently bought a copy of the cookbook Five Minute Bread, and I've been having a lot of fun with it! I really enjoy a homemade loaf, but I get fed up of kneading fast, so after hearing some recommendations of this "no need to knead" bread book, I thought I'd give it a try. So far, so good! The cookbook is not vegan and includes some recipes which are not suitable for vegans such as a bread salad and some sandwich recipes, but in general most of the bread recipes are vegan.

Anyway, here are some of the loaves I've been making over the last few weeks:

The master recipe: boule
Baguette
Baguette (sliced)
Couronne
Couronne (sliced)
Loaf tin
Loaf tin (sliced)

Do you have any particular bread recipes that you enjoy? Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.


- Edited on 27 July 2014 to add that you can get the master recipe from Five Minute Bread online for free at: http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/2010/02/09/back-to-basics-tips-and-techniques-to-create-a-great-loaf-in-5-minutes-a-day

No comments:

Post a Comment